Fresno Drug Defense Lawyer
Call today: (559) 443-7442
When you need someone to aggressively fight your drug charge, Fresno drug defense lawyer Michael McKneely has both the experience and compassion you need. Drug crimes are some of the most common in California courts. Substance abuse can ruin lives long before the criminal justice system gets involved. However, once arrested and charges are made, penalties and collateral consequences can be devastating. Fresno drug charge attorney Michael McKneely understands that you may need compassion and rehabilitation instead of harsh punishments. Call him today at (559) 443-7442 to find out how he can help you.
Mike McKneely has been on both sides of criminal justice. His experience as a prosecutor gave him the knowledge to negotiate effectively to expedite your case through the system. He will help you get the help you need quickly so you can move forward with your life and build a better future for yourself and your family.
Compassionate Criminal Defense in Fresno for Good People
Fresno drug defense lawyer Michael McKneely understands that good people make mistakes. He also knows that innocent people are accused of crimes every day. He will listen to your side of the story and present those facts to prosecutors, the judge, or a jury, if necessary. He will work to have your charges and penalties reduced as much as possible.
There are many stages of the criminal justice process. Mike McKneely will be with you every step of the way.
California Drug Investigations
A police investigation can be a lengthy process, and it is important to have a drug defense lawyer in Fresno who will protect your rights throughout the process. Whether you’ve just been arrested or are facing serious charges, contact a Fresno drug lawyer to help you navigate the process.
Drug Crime Defenses in Fresno
Once the investigation is complete, you may find yourself facing serious drug charges. Fresno drug attorney Mike McKneely will look at the facts of your case and build a strong defense against the allegations being made against you.
Having an experienced Frenso drug crimes lawyer counts in the courtroom. Mike McKneely will be with you every step of the way.
Consequences of Drug Charges in Fresno
Drug laws in California seem to be constantly in a flux. Many first-time and minor offenses are often misdemeanors, but more serious crimes may be felonies with steep penalties.
In recent years, California has relaxed penalties for drug use and possession; however, transportation, manufacturing, and other related offenses are still punished severely.
If you have been charged with a drug crime in California, you may be facing the following penalties or collateral consequences:
- Prison or jail time
- A permanent criminal record
- Monetary fines and court fees
- Community service
- Mandated substance abuse classes
- Loss of child custody or denied visitation rights
- Loss of professional licenses for nursing, teaching, and practicing law or medicine
- Loss of immigration visa or work permit, denial of citizenship, or deportation
- Ineligibility for federal financial aid for college
- Difficulty obtaining a job
- Inability to rent a house or apartment
- Negative reputation among friends, family, and in the community
Contact an Experienced Fresno Drug Defense Lawyer Today
With 15 years of legal experience, Fresno drug lawyer Mike McKneely has the experience and knowledge to help you navigate the California criminal justice system. Any time you have charges against you, you need a seasoned drug defense attorney in Fresno by your side. Mike McKneely understands that you may need additional help that the courts do not always provide. He will work with prosecutors to minimize punishments so you can move forward with treatment and rehabilitation.
Call Michael McKneely, Criminal Defense Lawyer today to find out how Mike can help you.
Types of Charges Michael McKneely, Criminal Defense Lawyer Handles
Drug crimes can be charged in many ways under California’s Health & Safety Code. Whether you are charged with a misdemeanor or felony depends on the specific situation in your case. Fresno criminal defense attorney Mike McKneely has experience working with people throughout California who have been charged with every kind of drug charge.
Drug crimes in California may include, but are not limited to:
- Drug Possession in Fresno – Simple drug possession may be either a misdemeanor or felony in some circumstances. Don’t risk increased penalties. Attorney Mike McKneely helps defendants who are innocent and those who need rehabilitation. Call him today to find out how he can help you.
- Drug Possession for Sale – Possession of drugs with the intent to sell can result in charges with serious consequences. Let Fresno drug lawyer Mike McKneely present the facts of your case in such a way that gets your charges thrown out or reduced.
- Drug Manufacturing – Law enforcement authorities will work hard to get a conviction of drug manufacturing. You need Attorney Mike McKneely on your side to represent your rights when there are allegations against you.
- California Drug Transportation – Defending yourself against transporting drug charges can be complicated. Mike McKneely will listen to your side of the story and work to have charges dropped or penalties reduced.
- Drug Paraphernalia Charges – Possession of pipes, bongs, syringes, and other drug paraphernalia can result in misdemeanor criminal charges. Michael McKneely, Criminal Defense Lawyer understands that any criminal charge can negatively affect your life. Let Mike McKneely defend you against allegations made against you.
- Fresno Marijuana Charges – California’s marijuana laws are in a flux. Fresno marijuana lawyer Mike McKneely knows how to navigate legal matters on the forefront of the law, and he will compassionately handle your case.
- California Marijuana Trafficking – If you import or transport marijuana, or if you sell, supply, or give away cannabis without the proper license, you could be convicted of marijuana trafficking. If found guilty of this offense, you face large fines and incarceration.
- Fresno Meth Possession – While there are some pharmaceutical purposes for amphetamines, possession of too large an amount of the substance can bring with it large fines, time in jail, and more.
- Fresno Cocaine Possession – Possession of cocaine can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony, so it’s important to retain the help of a drug attorney in Fresno from Michael McKneely, Criminal Defense Lawyer so that your rights and freedoms remain protected during the legal process.
- Fresno Prescription Drug Crimes – Illegal possession of prescription drugs and prescription drug fraud can result in serious consequences. Instead of punishment, you may need compassion, understanding, and rehabilitation. Let attorney Mike McKneely help you obtain the treatment you need while avoiding harsh penalties.