Fresno Theft Attorney
Call today: (559) 443-7442
Fresno theft attorney Michael McKneely knows that there are two sides to every crime. Let him listen to yours and fight to get you the best possible outcome in court when defending against your theft charge.
California prosecutors zealously pursue theft crimes. You may have been accused of theft after a complicated and misunderstood situation, or financial problems may have made you desperate. No matter your situation, you deserve a compassionate and aggressive defense against the allegations made against you. If you or a loved one was arrested or charged with a theft crime, you may be unsure of where to turn. You don’t have to face the system alone. Contact Fresno theft attorney Michael McKneely to find out how he can help you. Call Michael McKneely, Criminal Defense Lawyer today at (559) 443-7442.
California Theft Crimes
Theft crimes may be prosecuted under many different statutes. Regardless of the exact charge, the consequences can be devastating. You may be facing incarceration or large fines as well as a negative reputation with friends, family, and the community. You need an experienced Fresno theft crimes attorney to help you fight these serious charges and obtain the best possible outcome in your case.
Michael McKneely, Criminal Defense Lawyer handles theft crimes, including:
- Embezzlement – If you were trusted with property and later accused of theft, you may be charged with embezzlement. Let a Frenso embezzlement defense attorney from Michael McKneely, Criminal Defense Lawyer defend your rights in court after similar allegations are made against you.
- Grand Theft – Theft of property in excess of $950 may result in a felony charge of grand theft. Fresno grand theft defense lawyer Mike McKneely understands that this crime can have a destructive impact on your life. Let him protect your reputation.
- Petty Theft – Theft of property worth less than $950 is a misdemeanor like shoplifting may still have severe criminal penalties. Fresno petty theft attorney Mike McKneely will work to have your charges reduced or potentially even dismissed
- Receiving Stolen Property – If you are found to be in possession of stolen property, you can be charged with a crime. Possesion of stolen property attorney Mike McKneely can help you fight this charge and prove your innocence in court.
- Burglary – Entering a location for the purpose of committing a theft or felony is a burglary and it can be either a misdemeanor or a felony. Fresno burglary defense attorney Mike McKneely defends people accused of burglary and helps them avoid life-altering criminal penalties.
Having an experienced attorney counts in the courtroom. Mike McKneely will be with you every step of the way.
Penalties and Collateral Consequences of Theft Crimes
If you are convicted of a theft crime in California, you face an array of criminal penalties. In addition, unexpected collateral consequences can change your life forever.
The severity of your penalties will depend on whether you are convicted of a misdemeanor or felony theft crime. An effective Fresno theft attorney will fight to have your charges reduced as much as possible so that you can move on with your life.
Penalties and consequences of theft crimes convictions can include:
- Incarceration in jail or prison
- Large monetary fines and court costs
- Restitution to victims
- Probation or parole
- A permanent criminal record
- Mandated drug abuse treatment
- Loss of professional licenses for nursing, teaching, and practicing law or medicine
- Difficulty obtaining a job
- Inability to rent a house or apartment
- Negative reputation among friends, family, and in the community
A Fresno Theft Crimes Attorney Can Help You
Our knowledgeable team of Fresno criminal defense attorneys at Michael McKneely, Criminal Defense Lawyer can help you with a solid defense against allegations made against you. As a former prosecutor and experienced Fresno theft crimes attorney, Michael McKneely knows how to fight back against a prosecutor’s allegations. He will study the facts of your situation and present them to the prosecutor, judge, and jury. He will work to have your charges reduced or dismissed, if possible.
Call Michael McKneely, Criminal Defense Lawyer today to find out how he can help you.